HAPPY NEW YEAR! In case you were wondering what we did on New Year’s Day . . . here’s a run down accompanied by some pictures too. Y’all know I LOVE pictures right????? (insert big smile)
1. Mike cooked breakfast . . . bacon and egg on english muffin with green tomato relish and cholula hot sauce (both of these toppings rock!).
2. Stayed in jammies until 1PM. Yup those are my slippered feet hehehe.
3. Had lunch at Panera Bread.
4. To Starbuck’s for our favorite latte’s. Mike hearts the Cafe Latte. Brandi hearts the Peppermint Mocha Latte.
5. To the marina to check in on our summer home location and to see how frozen the Housatonic River was.
Still @ Marina: Ned in the “Grumpy Old Man Boat” breaking up the ice so it doesn’t destroy the docks. Look, I caught the train going by in the background (wonder if the riders are on their way to NY City? We need to take a day trip soon, LOVE it there!)
Still @ Marina: Mike and Leon talking “man stuff” . . . probably fishing or boats.
Still @ Marina: Me taking pictures of interesting things around the marina while waiting for “man talk” to cease. I really like this pic!
6. Back @ home fending off our overly excited dog. He is far to cute!
7. Photo session to obtain a nice new profile shot of maw and my favorite technological toy. Not too bad especially considering I was holding the good camera in my hands. Thanks Mike! We had A LOT of bad shots to obtain a few good ones.
8. A bit of crafty time for me and techy time for Mike.
9. Thinking of my girlfriend, Latonya who flew to Georgia yesterday afternoon to spend a few days with her sister. Hoping she made it in time (considering our winter storm) to have rung in the new year last night.
10. We are now deciding what we should do for dinner. I’ve had little interest in cooking this week. Better get myself back in gear for next week when life returns to normal. UGGHHH! update to dinner: mike had beans and dogs, I had a grilled cheese sandwich and we both had a little bowl of Kraft Spiral Mac & Cheese. Not a dinner to write home about nor should I have written it here but wanted to remind myself that I can’t always be Martha Stewart but a girl sure can try . . . right? Can you believe something like this came out of MY kitchen!?!
Hope you had a nice relaxing day!